We meet each Wednesday at The Downs Club, Mylne Street, Toowoomba at 6:00pm for 6:30pm. The cost is $30 which includes a two course dinner. Our meetings are generally 1.5 to 2.0 hours duration.
Please bring small change with you as a $1 fine in the Sergeant’s section should he choose to fine you for anything that takes his fancy, fund raising and all in good fun!!!
When unable to make your own Club’s meeting, you are encouraged to make up at another Club. Please let the Secretary know of any such make ups.
Some Toowoomba Clubs that you can make up at are:
|Toowoomba Club||Monday||5:30 for 6:00pm||The Irish Club|
|Toowoomba South||Tuesday||5:45 for 6:00pm|
|Toowoomba East||Thursday||12:45pm||The Downs Club|
Other nearby regional clubs are Pittsworth, Chinchilla, Roma, Lockyer & District.
Nowadays you can also make up on the internet. All Rotarians, even those in Rotary clubs, can make up missed meetings online with a Rotary e-club. Many e-clubs have links on their websites explaining how to make up a missed Rotary club meeting by attending a Rotary e-club meeting. View a list of Rotary e-clubs on the Rotary International web site.
- Attend as many meetings as you possibly can (the minimum is 60% of meetings).
- Be present for at least 60% of the meetings.
- Attend a minimum of 30% of home club meetings in each monthly period.
- Make a conscious effort to make up when unable to attend home Club meetings.
- Lodge make up cards with the Secretary or Club Membership Officer within seven days following make up.
- The general rule of Rotary International is that missing more than three meetings in a row could jeopardise your membership, so if there is a problem, please let the Secretary know as soon as possible.
- If unable to attend a home Club meeting, please ensure that you contact the Secretary or appointed person prior to the meeting.
See the ABC of Rotary’ for more information.